I am now based in South Africa and it is an amazing place, the following are just a few of many interesting facts about this Country:
8 Interesting Facts About South Africa:
- South Africa is ranked number one in the world for its floral kingdom
- South Africa is the only country in the world to have hosted the Cricket, Rugby and Soccer world cups
- South Africa has the second oldest film industry in the world, only behind the USA
- South Africa has the longest wine route in the world (the R62 wine route)
- South Africa has the most official languages in the world – eleven
- Can you think of any other place in the world where two Nobel Peace Prizewinners lived on the same street? Both Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu had houses on Vilakazi Street in Soweto
- SA has three capital cities: Pretoria is the Executive Capital, Cape Town the Legislative Capital and Bloemfontein the judicial Capital.
- South Africa’s drinking water is rated 3rd best in the world for being “safe and ready to drink”.